Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My First Post & Tank of B20 Diesel!

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the Rob Tang Corner which I was inspired to create after following the web-blog of a very good friend named Stargazer. I watched how his blogs were informative, in helping other car enthusiasts with helpful tips.

I know that there are a lot of people on the great world called the internet constantly debating the ability to run B20 and higher B % with a Volkswagen PD motor. I thought, I'd keep a brief online log of my progress. I'd love to eventually run B50 or B100.



I just got back 15 minutes ago from filling my first tank of B20 in my 2005 Golf PD at the Husky Station, Delta GVRD. The attendants were very helpful and knowledgable about their product. The fuel is made by Cascadia Fuels and is a clean production process. I have been running B5 for the past few weeks with no problems despite warnings from VWOA and VW Canada that it could void my warranty.

As soon as I filled up and left the station, I noticed that the PD motor was a lot smoother, and significantly quieter. I have have a pre-existing Diesel Tuning Box in my car which is dialed to F-Mode (The highest setting: 165 hp). When I goosed the car with the B20, I felt no loss in power or torque. The car did not give out the smell or huge plume of black smoke.

I am planning to visit VW Autohaus on my lunch break tomorrow to buy two fuel filters. One to immediately replace the one in my car and a back up one (in case of filter clogging). I called my local dealer today and even with my discount, my cost was $56 CAN per filter. VM Autohaus's price was roughly $30 CAN.

Wish me luck and keep checking back for updates!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's Cascadia Fuels? Google's never heard of it

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah.. it's here http://www.cascadiabiofuels.com -- Thanks.. I just wanted to add it to my list of suppliers at http://dmoz.org/Business/Energy_and_Environment/Renewable/Biomass/Biodiesel

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home