Monday, April 03, 2006

Five Days Left Until The DCI BBQ

My excitement increases as the days draw closer to the annual barbeque hosted by the Dubglomerate Club International in Seattle. I've nearly completed the 60,000 km tune up for the car (minus changing the fuel filter), while eagerly awaiting for RJ Motorsports to finish painting my OEM 337 Side Skirts. I figured that I'll have the maintenance done and the full body kit installed before the trip.

For this event, my wife and I decided to change our accomodations to the Lakespur Landing Hotel (www.larkspurlanding.com). Not only will my wife and I benefit from the tranquility of a relaxing environment, but we'll be close to downtown for shopping with the opportunity to take in some fine dining. After much thought, I decided that I would rather not stay at the same hotel with the rest of the group due to the anticipated endless partying.




The rest of our group will be staying at the Travel Lodge in Auburn, WA. To many VW enthusiasts in the Pacific Northwest, we are known as the "Crazy Canucks." Why? For every major VW event we have attended, our group has been known for throwing notorious parties at our hotel accomodations, out of controlled drinking, illegal rowdy antics and unneccesary encounters with the local police department. I admit to having enjoyed my fair share of wild partying with them when I was younger. But priorities in my life have changed.



Despite all this, I do feel terribly guilty in ditching the group's original plan. However I was once told by a good friend, "It's time to enjoy the finer things in life." At that time, I did not quite understand what my friend Clayton meant, but now I do... It's called growing up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stargazer (original profile) said...

Hey! I recognize that picture! :0D

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home