Thursday, March 23, 2006

To The Paint Shop Batman!

It was time to send my newly acquired OEM VW Votex sideskirts to the paintshop after test fitting them to my car. Like a fat kid on cake, I gleefully placed them into the trunk of my car and quickly snuck them off to RD Motorsports for painting.

Although our good friend Raj (owner) was not there at the time of my arrival, I left the sideskirts with the painter. He told me that they would be ready for pick up sometime early next week (Tuesday). Not too shabby for cheap $100 weekend side job which includes paint and labour. $100 you may say... don't worry folks. I've seen his work and it's truly excellent quality.



Anyone noticed the Ferrari shell in the background? He's doing a complete tear down and rebuild. He's done many Ferrari's in the past and the end results are completely astonishing!

I also took some pictures of one of his newest rebuild project, a 2004 Dodge Viper SRT10 with a light side impact hit.





On my way home, I decided to stop by Denon Performance to see if my OEM 337 exhaust had arrived.



Denon is not exactly the typical custom speedshop from Hollywood movies. It's always been more of a salvage yard which appears like a natural disaster swept through it. Despite the appearance of total disorganization, you'd be surprised on all the little treasures one can find here. Definately a great place for OEM and aftermarket VW parts.

I was immediately greeted by my favorite and colourful shop mechanic Jerek. Unfortunately he gave me some bad news that the private seller backed out of the deal as he wanted an ridiculious $400 CAN for a used setup. I told him that for $100-150 more, Uncle Ron (the owner of Denon Performance) would be able to order me a brand new one from the factory. I've decided to opt for a new one. The order was placed. I am really keeping my fingers crossed that it will arrive before the DCI BBQ and Spring Meet in Seattle on April 8 and 9th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home