Tuesday, March 14, 2006

TDI Club GTG: Langley BBQ & Tuning Day

I have to apologize to many of my loyal readers for having neglected my blog for the past 10 days. Unfortunately, I've been really busy with work while battling an ear and sinus infection. Due to this reason, I've not been feeling well at all and was left with little energy or motivation to post anything interesting.

I began to feel better this past weekend and decided to join the TDI Club Barbeque & Tuning Day in Langley, British Columbia. This marked my second time attending this meet which has been occurring semi-regularly for the past few years. It was a great opportunity to meet up and learn from TDI members who made the trek as far away as Seattle, Washington.

During the GTG, it was announced that this was our last GTG at the present farm/home of TDI Club Member: Eric Morneau. With the increased responsibilities of raising children, and the desires to travel, the family made the difficult decision to downsize from their 22 acre farm.

Despite the sad news, brainstorming began in finding possible alternative sites for future TDI Club GTGs. A strong possibility would be the Bio-Diesel Fuel Station (Husky/Autogas) in Delta as they have an empty huge commercial truck parking lot which they share with Tim Hortons! I've had the opportunity to meet the owner of the station and he was very excited and open to the idea of hosting us.

On a side note, it has been officially gone through 5 tanks of strict bio-diesel use in my TDI. I have nothing new to report as my Golf continues to run smoothly while maintaining improved fuel economy of approximately 800 km/1100 km per tank city/highway driving.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home