Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sideskirts!

During the past few weeks, hope was beginning to fade in my search for OEM 337 sideskirts. The near fatal blow hit me when I was quoted approximately $600 from my local VW dealership and another $450 to paint them at my home body shop (First Class Autobody). Who on earth would pay over $1000 CAN + taxes for these body pieces?

In an amazing stroke of luck, a fellow Volkswagen Club of Vancouver member: AirCooledRules spotted my "Want To Buy" sideskirts thread. As the youngest son of Canpol Autoparts (a local VW and BMW salvage shop) in Burnaby, he informed me via e-mail that his company had imported a MK4 Golf with the sideskirts intact!

After many exchanges of e-mails, a price of $300 CAN was set and another $80-100 for painting from RJ Motorsports in Surrey. The ETA for the skirts will be a week. Hopefully, the kit will be fully painted, assembled with my soon to be arriving OEM 337 exhaust before SpringMeet 2006 (Seattle, Washington).

I'll post pictures as soon as I get them! Hopefully, my car will appear as clean as this picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home