Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Russia ousts Canada from Olympics

Although during the game I had to return to work, my colleagues allowed me to roll in a television into the conference room to watch the game. Nice people eh?

The outcome of today's game was not what I expected. Canada lost 2-0 against Russia in today's quarterfinals in Men's Olympic Ice Hockey. There is already a lot of blame floating around the media questioning Gretzky's dedication to the team and a constant lack of effort by the players.

As a proud supporter of our team, I refuse to play the blame game. I thought the game was very exciting to watch! I was so tempted to skip out on work this afternoon. When I returned to work, my colleagues allowed me to roll in a television into the hospital conference room to watch the game during our workshop/lecture. Nice eh?

Anyways, we went to Torino and gave it our best and it obviously was not enough. We'll have to try harder at Vancouver in 2010! Hopefully, I'll be able to physically attend the game.

On my way home after work, I popped into my local VW dealer: Westminster Volkswagen. Although they have gained a pretty nasty reputation over the past 5 years for poor customer service and prices. I thought I would mention something nice about them as I feel bad that they get slagged all the time.



The purpose of my visit was to buy some replacement light bulbs for my VW Golf. I was greeted at the service counter by a fellow VW enthusiast (Austin) who was very kind to supply me with the light bulbs for free. Kudos for your act of kindness!

http://www.westminstervw.com/en_CA/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home