Friday, February 24, 2006

The Dirty Suspension Job vs.The Garden Beast

My garage has been a busy place for the past few days. Since putting on my newly acquired 337 front valence, my garage has been visited non-stop by fellow VW enthusiasts who were seeking a place to replace their brakes/rotors, and the installation of coilovers.



After today's visit, I was left with a garage in a state of near disaster. I've never experienced this feeling before. After last weekend's brake job, my good friend (Remy) went the extra mile while cleaning up. I admit, I am a severe neat freak and love having everything organized. However, the garage was absolutely filthy, trash lying everywhere, floors unswept with uncleaned tools lying everywhere. I have to admit, I was a pretty peeved off, but managed to get everything claned and got the garage back to it's normal state in about 10-20 minutes.



I've learned one thing since opening up my garage to friends... discourage them walking around your home with their unwashed greasy hands and make sure they clean up after themselves. Next time, limits will be set!

On a much happier note, I thought I'd post some pictures of my recently acquired street machine: My new Sears Craftsman Lawn Mower. With this, I will rule the neighbourhood lawns. Since purchasing this garden beast last fall, I've restricted it to storage in my garage.

Since it had been so nice outside, I thought I would take the opportunity to break it in. Well... not really. Although tempted to turn the garden unleash the sheer mulching/cutting terror, I was told to wait until late-Spring/early-Summer to give the lawn it's first cut.

"The turf needs time to root itself," said the gardener.

Despite all the excitement and feeling like a kid at the candy store, I managed to hold myself back. I decided to de-virginize the lawnmowerby rolling it onto grass for the first time and took some mouth-watering pictures.



(I stuck on an H&R suspension decal for some extra laughs as I noticed the adjustability in the ride/cutting height)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home