Saturday, March 04, 2006

My Early Christmas Wishlist For 2006

I had not planned to buy sideskirts for my TDI Golf this year as I had already spent my annual budget for a 337 exhaust with matching front and rear valences. With the nearing arrival of my rear valence and exhaust, my wife has graciously allowed me to find a set of matching skirts to complete the clean appearance.

As soon as I was graced with this good news, I immediately picked up my telephone and called a good friend, Paul Gekrath Jr. at PG Performance for some pricing and options. As many know, any part which is impossible to get in North America is magically obtainable from them due to their extensive connection with VW Deutchland.

At first, it did not look good. It had appeared that Paul was unable to get his hands on any OEM VW sideskirts as many have been discontinued due to the newly released MK5 Gti. With a few third party telephone calls and internet searches, Paul was able to offer me a set of R32 R-Line side skirts for approximately $550 CAN($635 retail). He was gracious enough to send me an e-mail with pictures. Unfortunate for me, I love these skirts but not the price. With a mortgage, car and baby on the way, I've gotta aim for $300-400 ish.



I've looked at several styled skirts and I was not impressed. Some of them included Emphase, Charactere, ABT, Oettenger, Reiger, and Dubtechnik. Many of them have a lot of fittament issues and require extensive body work or modifications in order stay on the vehicle or appear straight.

With my mouth salavating, I now begin my daily search of the classifieds of VWDOV or VW Vortex hoping for a miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home