Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Return to Tim Hortons

Prior to today's Tim Hortons meet, a follow-up visit was made by Baggio to my garage to make some final adjustments to his coilovers. After a bit of tweaking to the height settings, I was pretty eager to follow suit and wind down my KW coilovers down a few rotations. With daylight, I took the opportunity to snap some pictures of the final height settings. Very sexy indeed!

Before:



After:





Since my wife will be at work tonight I decided to attend the semi-regular meet up at a local Tim Horton's for coffee, doughnuts. Normally, I never really got excited about coffee meet ups. I used to get easily boreds as many of the stories of the glory days were repeated over and over like a broken record. However tonight my excitability changed for two reasons:

1. I've found out that many of the old timer members were attending,

2. I was eager to see what people had done (car modifications) over the winter break.

I've been getting a lot of slack from many VW club members for my lack of attendance and involvement in various club events. My main excuse for having been so socially withdrawn has been due to the recent competion of our new home, increased responsibilites at work, my wife's pregancy including the countless related doctor appoinments. I've also been spending a lot of my weekends in Seattle which leaves me with the inability to attend events by the Volkswagen Drivers of Vancouver, VWVortex or TDIClub.

I know... excuses... excuses. I've tried to explain myself, but now that everything has settled out, I'm going to try to make it out more often.

I was unable to take any pictures of tonight's get together as I accidently left my digital camera's memory card at home. I'll try to find some photos taken by other enthusiast tomorrow and post them up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home