Saturday, March 25, 2006

My Blind Date: An Audi S4 & Belgian Fries

Like every other typical weekend, a telephone call from a friend usually wakes me up in the morning. This time, it's my friend Dejan. "Rob... do you want to come downtown to test drive an Audi RS4? Let's go!"

It's 1:30 pm and I find myself driving to downtown Vancouver on the TransCanada Hwy. In the lead is Dejan in his 2004 MK4 Jetta GLI. He's racing through traffic, weaving cars as they were standing still.

My reason of not participating in this game of freeway tag...

1. I'm driving a MK4 TDI.

2. I'd like to see the birth of my first child.

After constant reminders, my wife's sensibility has finally sunk into my head. "Don't you do anything stupid... I don't want to become a widow and have a fatherless child." In everyway, I know she is right. I could not imagine being alone in my life and without her by my side.

Upon arriving to Clarkdale Motors in Vancouver, we were immediately greeted by our favorite Volkswagen saleman, Colin. He tells us that we would have to wiat as he was wrapping up a deal with some customers. While waiting, I noticed this puzzle made by Volkwagen in the waiting area. When did they begin using American V8 motors?



When Colin finally arrives, he informs us that the 2006 Audi RS4 was sold and unavailable to test. With this news, Dejan immediately begins to scan the car lot looking for another car. His eyes dart to an 2006 Audi S4 convertible. We were given the keys and away we went!

Our 45 minute test drive took us into the Kerrisdale district of Vancouver. We got ample stares from passing pedestrians and fellow drivers while playing with the retractable motorized roof.

After having driven an 2005 BMW M3, I felt the Audi seemed to lack in the department of engine power. We also agreed that the difference between this exterior and that of a stock A4 was minimal and more could have been done. Despite all this, I was impressed by music immitting from the V8 motor, the Quattro all wheel drive system and how well the interior was laid out.





We felt quite hungry on our drive home. We ended our day with a quick stop at Belgian Fries on Commercial Street in Vancouver for some food. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home