Monday, March 27, 2006

My First Garden Experience

My typical weekend would normally compose of hanging out with friends, working on my friend's cars or a day escape to Seattle for some cross border shopping. This weekend was a little different, I discovered gardening.

As I woken up by Dejan on Saturday morning, I noticed that the sun was shining brightly outside. Upon returning from my Audi test drive, I stopped off at a Canadian Tire to pick up a jerry can and some gas for my lawnmower. This was my first opportunity to use the mower since purchasing it last year.

I had spent a lot of time researching the internet for information about lawn care. I found numerous sources which encouraged homeowners to mulch their clippings as it is environmentally friendly. When mulching, the clippings a recirculated inside the cuitting deck. Once recut into fine piece, they are left in the grass behind you. When the clippings decompost, it act as a natural lawn fertilizer.

Several neighbours watched as I rolled out "Big Red" out from the garage. Her flawless paint reflected in the sunlight. Then, I checked her oil levels, primed the fuel... all systems go! I pulled the starter in eagerness... Vroooooom!



I was very impressed with it's 5.75 horsepower Briggs & Stratton rear wheel drive motor. The adjustable throttle allowed me to control the mower easily up the hill leading to my backyard.

A few hours later, I was left with the feeling of self-satisfaction. I never thought that gardening would be so enjoyable. The creative juices were beginning to flow as I have ideas on livening up my yard. I'll have to make a visit soon to Art Knapps and Amsterdam Nurseries to pick up a few shrubs and trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home