Thursday, May 04, 2006

Found! My New Spoiler

A spoiler was the last piece I needed to complete all the body modifications to my MK4 TDI. After a few weeks of searching different manufacturers including JOM styling, JMS, Der ABT, and Oettenger, I found the perfect spoiler for my car.

During my search, a friend had suggested that I check out the spoilerdepot.com. Their company specializes in selling OEM and replica spoilers (which meet all OEM specifications) for a fraction of the price at a dealership. I decided that I would purchase a replica R32 rear spoiler as I wanted something that would flow nicely with an OEM look/feel. The price which included it painted in Reflex Silver and brokerage/shipping was $179.00 USD.

I decided to compare their pricing to the OEM spoiler sold at my local Volkswagen dealership. I called both Westminster VW and Guildford Motors and was quoted nearly $350 CAN + taxes. The price didn't include painting as it would roughly cost me an additional $150-250 in material and labour.



Needless to say where I have decided to purchase my new spoiler. I'll probably place my order sometime in the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home