Saturday, April 29, 2006

Curry In A Hurry? Our Adventures In Richmond

As each week comes to an end, I look forward to seeing my friends Alexi, Brandon, Darren, Mike, Samir, Dean, Sky at our ritualistic Friday night Starbucks get together. Normally, I would order the usual, an English Breakfast Tea with a package of sweetener and topped off with some low fat milk.

I would then make our way outside to enjoy to join the group chat about news, Volkswagen talk, rumours and gossip. I admit that I would have to agree with most outsiders views, we're probably worse than a pack of elderly grandmothers when it comes to gossiping. Others would say we're like a group of Roper & Ebert critics as we always something to say about every passing car in the parking lot.



After an hour of sitting around, I brought up the question, "Does anyone else get bored coming here every Friday night to talk about the same things? Let's do something different for a change." Immediately everyone responded, "Then why don't you suggest something interesting to do." I recieved the usual responses to any suggestions made, "...it costs too much... it's too far... I'm tired... what a stupid idea."

Finally with some arm bending, John, Mike, Harrison, Alexi joined me in a drive to visit our friend Johnny in Richmond.

Once we met up with Johnny, he decided to take us out for late night chinese food at the Golden Award Restaurant. I found it a little odd that the restaurant had a separate menu which consisted of portugese chicken, french fries, macaroni & ham soup, and toast. I decided to play it safe and ordered my favorite dish, curry chicken on rice. Unfortunately, Mike and John did not fair as well in the luck department as their pork was overly sweet without any sour taste.

We wrapped up the evening close to 2:00 am with a fill-up at the bio-diesel station in Delta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home