Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Cuts And Scrapes... The Reception Is Clear!

After a few days of limping from the Vancouver Sun Run, I felt strong enough to start working on my car again. My main priority was to replace my broken antenna.

As soon as Alexi arrived, we began tearing apart all the interior pieces in the rear quarter of the car. Unlike the MK3 Golfs, the amount of insulation and excessive interior pieces layering the antenna wire was absolutely astronomical. After an hour of tearing away the stubborn panels and suffering numerous cuts and scrapes on our hands, the rear quarter was finally stripped away enough to access the antenna base.

After installing the antenna base, the reception presented full of static interference. Once a few minor adjustments were made, we began reassembling the interior of the car. While we were working, my wife came down to find out what the hell we were doing. Her jaw dropped as she saw the extent of how much we had to strip out the interior.

Once the car was complete, I attached my new oem VW Sharan antenna onto the base and backed my baby out of the garage. The reception was crystal clear!

Unfortunately, we finished pretty late and decided to pack it in for the night. I guess I'll just have to wait until later in the week to install my new driver side door lock blank and cover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home