Sunday, April 16, 2006

We Will Rise Again Next Season

I enjoyed attending last night's season ending hockey game as the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Colorado Avalanche 4-3. The game ended with Brendan Morrison scoring the game winner in overtime.

Despite not being able to secure a playoff berth, I was quite surprised that there was very little boo'ing from the fans. The fans remained very loyal and supportive of their effort last night.

During the middle of the game, a roar of cheers came from the fans when this sign was held up in the stands:



At this time of year, I would normally would be getting ready to cheer on the Canuck's quest for the Stanley Cup. I feel like I am still in a state of denial. Is the season really over? With the team not in playoffs, I found myself scrambling to find anything to keep myself busy until October. Today, I spent the afternoon cleaning my golf clubs in preparation for a long summer.

I hope that the Canucks will not make excessively drastic changes to the team during the off season. I believe that the team would most likely benefit from change in their current head coach and play under a new philosphy. Only time will reveal the changes for the upcoming 2006-2007 season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home