Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Fore! A Beautiful Afternoon On The Links

My cellular phone rang as my lunch break drew to a close. It was my golfing buddy Will. He asked if I wanted to fire off a few buckets of golf balls at the local driving range. Tempted by the warm sunshine, I suggested that we play a round of 18 holes at the Kensington Pitch & Putt course in Burnaby.

As soon as we agreed to the plan, I quickly called the secretaries at my office and told them that I was gong to take the rest of the afternoon off. As soon as I arrived at Will's home, we threw his clubs into the back seats of my car and sped off to the course.

We arrived at the Pitch & Putt at approximately 1:30 pm and were able to immediately tee off. Although this was my first time on a course this year, my first 9 holes were horrible as I bogied seven and doubled two holes. My luck would change on the back 9 as I was able to pull off a birdie and several par shots to save my score. I managed to score a 71 and Will scored a 64 on the par 3. It was not too bad considering that I spent the last season frustrated while working on fixing my swing.



Following our round, we grabbed a quick lunch at Cockney Kings Fish & Chips in Burnaby. During our meal, we began organizing a weekend of pure golf which includes a visit to the range on Friday, Pitch & Putt on Saturday and a full round at the Golden Bear Course in Pitt Meadows on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home