Saturday, April 08, 2006

2006 Dubglomerate Club International's Annual Spring Barbeque


After a long day of driving, we finally reached the Five Mile Lake Park in Federal Way, Washignton for the 2006 Annual DCI Barbeque. Although it was raining, we all had a great time with endless laughs and good food.

Despite organizing an Elitist Group, the group broke apart mid-way due to some errors in the maps provided. I ended up separated from the pack early in the early stages of the drive. Although I cruising alone, I ended up joining another group of Vancouver VW owners caught up to me. The entire group was re-united upon reaching the park.

Despite popular beliefs, our group only recieved one speeding violation . My friend Albert (Stargazer) in his 2006 Subaru WRX STI was caught speeding in Everett, Washington.

After a few hours of crazy antics and watching Nick (SR71) try to burn down the park with lighter fluid.




Following the barbeque, my wife and I left for some shopping at the Super Mall in Auburn, Washington. We later met up with my sister and her boyfriend for some dinner downtown at Pad Thai Garden Restaurant and eventually retired for the evening at the Lakespur Hotel. We chose to have a quieter night to ourselves as my wife can easily become tired due to her pregnancy. Unfortunately we missed the house party and pub crawl hosted by DCI.

Tomorrow's plan includes some more shopping and brunch with my sister in the Snohomish Wine County.



On a side note, my MK4 Golf TDI is running smoother than usual since changing the fuel filter. The mileage remains uneffected as I have logged 387 kms so far during this trip. The fuel gauge still shows that I have only used 1/4th of a tank of bio-diesel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home