Sunday, April 09, 2006

Snohomish, Seattle & Shopping

Following a visit to the Aubrurn SuperMall, Ikea and Costco, we met up with my sister for lunch at City Deli in the Snohomish Wine County. Despite the food being overly expensive, the setting was very unique and appealing. The one half of the establishment was a trendy restauarant and the other half was a wine store.

The food was absolutely amazing as I quickly scarfed down on a cranberry turkey sandwich on an onion, rosemary bread. For dessert, I indulged in a slice of their mocha chocolate cheesecake. Yummy!

Following our late lunch, we met up with the remaining members of the Volkswagen Drivers of Vancouver Club at the Seattle Premium Outlets in Marysville, Washington. I had spent $300 USD for new clothing after 2-3 hours of outlet shopping. I was very surprised that I did not purchase anything from my favorite store, Banana Republic.



At approximately 6:00 pm, we saddled up and began our trek back to Canada. The drive home was pretty uneventful as there was not a single police speed trap during the drive home.

Despite a minor pitstop in Burlington to top up our fuel supplies and to purchase milk & cheese, we reached Canadian soil at approximately 8:00 pm. The remaining drivers (Chris, Harrison, Kendall, my wife and I) met up at the Boston Pizza Restaurant in White Rock for some appetizers and dinner.

Following dinner, I made a slight detour to top up some bio-diesel in my MK4 Golf TDI. I had consumed approximately 5/8th of a full tank for approximately 723.3 kms of mixed highway/city driving. Not too bad... not too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home