Thursday, April 13, 2006

Adding A Little Asian Spice

After returning home sick from work, my wife and I made our weekly grocery run to the local Costco. During the visit, we noticed that they had finally opened up their annual garden center. We picked up two different japanese maples for $47.95 each (an Acer Palm Diss Beni Shidare & a Bloodgood Japanese Maple). After leaving, we made a stop at the local Art Knapps Nursery to purchase a few yards of premium top soil and a container of bone meal.

Upon arriving home, I eagerly pulled out my shovel and wheel barrow to plant the new trees. After a lot of time spent carefully chosing it's planting location, I dug the holes, added a handful of bone meal and placed the trees in their final placings. According to the labels attached to the plants, one of the trees will take appoximately 4-5 years to reach their optimum height of 15 feet.



As the weather improves, I'll be making an initial order of approximately 10-15 pre-selected trees/shrubs for my garden from Art Knapps. Once delivered and planted, I'll then order a extra yards of top soil and bark mulch for decorative purposes in forming the flower beds.

Funny how gardening can be so addictive and rewarding. It's definately a great way to destress and relax yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home