Friday, April 14, 2006

Rescued

Earlier this morning, I made way to Eaglequest's Practice Range to meet up with my golfing buddy Will. Despite a positive round of golf at the Kensington Pitch & Putt, I needed to spend some time improving my driving consistency prior to Sunday's game at Golden Eagle. My other reason for visiting Eaglequest was to try out their new replacement Callaway range balls.



After driving a bucket of 90 balls, we left for breakfast at the Cat & Fiddle Pub in Port Coquitlam. Together we ordered four of their morning specials: The Cat 222 breakfast ($2.22 each) which consisted of 2 english muffins, 2 slices of bacon, country styled potatoes, scrambled eggs and fresh fruit.

After eating, we visited the Coquitlam Golf Town store & the Pitt Meadows Golfing Range's pro-shop. I wanted to check out their selection of sale priced hybrid clubs. I have always wanted to pick up a hybrid due to consistency issues with my woods and low irons. After trying one out late last season, I found it so much easier to hit while instantly improving my driving consistency.

After an hour of demo'ing a few clubs, I found that the 5 Wood Hybrid by Taylor Made was the best fit. Needless to say, I'll be at the range everyday this weekend to get acquainted with my new secret weapon, the Rescue Club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home