Friday, April 14, 2006

He Shoots... I Score!

While picking up my wife today from the hospital, she presented me with a pair of tickets for tomorrow night's final Canuck game of the regular season. The tickets were given to us by a physician colleague at work. It has been nearly two seasons since I've attended a Canuck's home game. This has been partly due to my hectic work schedule and responsibilities during the building of our house and the upcoming birth of our first child.



Although the Canucks have been eliminated from a play off berth, I am still very excited to go watch the game. Many fans, critics and journalists have already predicted that the there will be massive player/personnelle changes during the upcoming off season. Rumours have already begun circulating that Trevor Linden may retire and that Todd Bertuzzi and many of their core players will be traded away.

I see game as perhaps the last golden opportunity to watch this team play together. It is likely that the Canucks will never have the same amount of talent again for a long time. Deep down inside, aside of the frustration and disappointment, I still am a hardcore Canucks fan.

Here is an amusing picture that I found on the Canucks.com online forums:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home