Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Acts Of Kindness Never Goes Unnoticed

A funny thing happened to me while ducking out to Annacis Island to fill up my car with bio-diesel during my lunch break from work. Upon arriving to the fuel station, I realized that I had unknowingly left my wallet at home in my golf bag. Hoping that I would find a twenty dollar bill or some change, I searched frantically through my car.

The needle on my fuel guage was way below empty as I knew I would not make it home. Luckily for me, the kind lady who runs the station noticed me ruffling around the car. She comes out and asks, "what is wrong dear?" In a state of embarassment, I revealed my predicament. She replies, "No problem sweetie... I'll lend you five dollars of fuel to get you home. Just pay me back when you come back."

I returned to the station a few hours after returning home to pick up my wallet. As I lined up to pay for the fuel, I reminded the lady that I owed her the five dollars back. She informed me that is was not necessary to pay and that she did it as a simple act of kindness. "Don't worry about the five dollars, I just wanted to help you."

It made me realize how a simple act of kindness can be rewarding and helpful to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home