Thursday, April 20, 2006

Antenna Thieving In Delta!

Following a visit to shop at the Zellers at Scottsdale Mall, I returned to my car and noticed that something was wrong. As I scanned my car, I noticed that my aluminum shorty antenna from my Volkswagen was missing. My first thought was perhaps a friend had seen my parked car and decided to play a prank on me.

My care free mood quickly changed to overwhelming anger as I noticed the base of the antenna was damaged. I am assuming that when they decided to steal the mast, they chose to physical force pull it off the base. (I guess they did not know the mast can be simply unscrewed off) They ended up damaging the base so badly that I have replace it completely. Obviously the person involved was unfamilar with Volkswagens and their antenna systems.

After leaving the mall, I immediately made my way to PG Performance in Surrey. I ended up special ordering a new antenna setup which includes a new base and mast. Seeing this as a golden opportunity, I purchased a mast from a European Volkswagen Sharan.



The Sharan antenna was significantly shorter than my orginal one and was actually amplified with threaded wires inside. According to PG Performance, the antenna will strengthen my AM/FM radio reception greater in comparison to the full length OEM one which came with my car.

I'll be back to PG Performance tomorrow to pick up all the parts. The final total this inconvience was $152 + taxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home