Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Driveway Fixed!

After a long battle, the City of Port Coquitlam finally agreed to re-pave and bridge the road to our driveway. This was a welcome sight as for the past 8 months, I've been carefully navigating my car in and out along a narrow gravel patch to avoid dropping my car into the ditch at the end of the driveway.

Funny how it took six city crew members and 8 hours of wasted taxpayer's money to complete this relatively simple task. As I played supervisor from my front windows, I only observed two of the crew members actually working. The other four had pulled out lawnchairs out of their trucks and watched while sitting under a shady tree from across the road. Go figure eh? Must be unionized workers.

Even after the job was completed, I continue to naturally back out of the driveway thinking that the ditch was still there. Dam'n Pavlov's classical conditioning theory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home