Friday, May 05, 2006

Fender Rolling & Vag Com Madness!

Last evening, I was visited by a few friends asking to use my garage to roll out the fenders of Dejan's MK4 Jetta GLI and Harrison's MK4 GTI. Nothing too spectacular happened.

While working on the fenders, Darren popped by with his lap top computer and VAG diagnostic tool. During my drive home, a check engine light in my car illuminated after spanking the living daylight out of a riced out 2004 Honda Civic Coupe. While waiting at a red light, one of the four Indo-Canadian guys in the car yelled, "Your car is all show and no go!" When the light turned green, I just hammered the gas peddle of my 165 hp, 265 ft-lb of torque TDI and left them behind in a nasty cloud of diesel smoke.

Luckily for me, the VAG scan revealed that a simple warning that I had overboosted my turbocharged motor. With the error code erased, the car was good as new!

It wasn't after Darren's arrival in which I noticed that we had seven tastefully modified Volkswagens parked in front of my house. As we worked on the cars, I noticed many of the passing cars slowed down to take a closer look. At one point, another Volkswagen owner made 8 separate passes in his lowered MK2 1.8L Golf.




Hmmm... I wonder if my neighbours have figured out that I have an addiction to Volkswagens?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home