Monday, May 22, 2006

My Hectic Life & Boost Valve!

After two weeks of anticipation, my boost valve finally arrived by UPS courier services! I immediately ripped open the shipping package and verified that all the parts were accounted for. I'll probably install the valve sometime at the end of this week once my car's warranty service is completed by Westminster Volkswagen.

With 76,000 kms and three days in their service bay, they discovered that my car's acceleration problems were caused by the premature death of my turbocharger. Good thing that the charger died while during the warranty period. According to the dealer, the diagnostic fee and replacement woudl have set me back approximately $2000. While probing around, they also found a leak in the EGR Cooler which has now been replaced. While the car was in their shop, I had them change the oil and perform the 74,000 km preventative minor servicing.

On another note, it's been really hectic period in my life. With four and a half weeks left before the birth of my son/daughter, I've been really busy making sure everything is ready. I've also been swamped with an increased flow of patients through my ER department.

Alike every other typical weekend, my wife and I spent it shopping in Seattle. I swear that one day we may just decide to permamently move south of the 49th. Despite my proud Canadian-ism, I've been pestered by a fellow colleague (George) about employment opportunities in Bishop and San Francisco, California. He keeps reminding me that the pay is significantly higher, and that flyfishing and golfing is year round. I keep telling him that I'm one of those people who love the Pacific Northwest and the cool climate. Hot weather and I do not mix well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home